The Department of Premier and Cabinet and the Australia Day Council of NSW are working in conjunction with the National Australia Day Council to promote the Australian of the Year Awards. We encourage you to utilise this media toolkit to promote the 2022 Awards.
When developing content, we ask that you consider the following key messages:
• Nominations for the 2022 Australian of the Year Awards are now open to all members of the public.
• It’s up to you to nominate the next Australian of the Year – someone who goes above and beyond, and demonstrates our great Australian spirit.
• By nominating someone, you recognise the efforts of a fellow Australian.
• It only takes one nomination for someone to be in the running for the awards.
• There are four awards categories – Australian of the Year; Senior Australian of the Year; Young Australian of the Year; and Australia’s Local Hero.
• Reflect. Respect. Celebrate. Because we are all part of the story.
• Nominations close at midnight on Saturday, 31 July 2021 AEST.
• Visit australianoftheyear.org.au to nominate now.
We encourage you to utilise the examples provided below, or alternatively use the text to inspire your own posts.
We’ve also included social media tiles, images and video links to accompany your message.
Of course, we encourage your team to get creative and add in your own images as appropriate.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with…