Women and girls across NSW will have access to additional economic and leadership opportunities, as local organisations receive a share of $400,000 in the latest round of the NSW Government’s Investing in Women grants program.
14 successful projects, which will run innovative programs to promote leadership pathways for women and girls and reduce barriers to their chosen career fields.
Successful recipients this year include programs for women from all ages and walks of life, from metropolitan areas and right across regional NSW.
We want to empower women to access careers in a range of industries, promote equitable workplaces, and make sure there are avenues for personal and professional development.
Projects that receive funding under the program enable women to overcome barriers in traditionally male-dominated industries.
The NSW Government is committed to increasing opportunities for women and girls, from early learning programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths targeting young girls through to leadership training for female farmers.
The project aims to increase the confidence of both teachers and parents to make real changes to how girls approach STEM subjects in schools and universities, and consider the great career options open to them.
The Investing in Women Program offers grants of up to $100,000 per project. In 2018 funding was doubled to $400,000.
For more information on Investing in Women, please visit www.women.nsw.gov.au.
Successful applicants and projects include:
- 2Connect Youth and Community Inc – Leadership Team for Young Women’s Hub (Sydney, South Eastern Sydney and Northern Sydney)
- ACON – Empowering Young LGBTIQ Women (Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, Sydney, South Eastern Sydney and Northern Sydney)
- CentaCare Wilcannia-Forbes – Manage Your Income Project (Murrumbidgee, Far West and Western NSW)
- CORE Community Services – Empowering Young Refugee and Migrant Women for Leadership (South Western Sydney)
- Girls Rock! Sydney – Girls Rock! Sydney (Sydney, South Eastern Sydney and Northern Sydney)
- Global Sisters – Program to Empower Women Entrepreneurs (Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, South Western Sydney, Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW)
- Michael Crouch Innovation Centre – Driving Growth in Small Business through Technology Enabled Production (Sydney, South Eastern Sydney and Northern Sydney)
- Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra – Accelerate-HER (Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW)
- Regional Development Australia Hunter – Women in STEM Boot Camp for Hunter Region Girls (Hunter New England and Central Coast)
- Tablelands Farming Systems – Females who Farm Leadership Program (Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW)
- The Opportunity Collective Inc – Career Women’s Mentoring Program (Hunter New England and Central Coast)
- University of Technology Sydney – STEM x Play (South Western Sydney, Sydney, South Eastern Sydney and Northern Sydney)
- Wentworth Shire Council – Work Readiness for Wentworth Women (Murrumbidgee, Far West and Western NSW)
- Women in Film and Television NSW – Making It Possible Pilot Program (Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, Mid North Coast, Northern NSW, Sydney, South Eastern Sydney, Northern Sydney, Murrumbidgee, Far West, Western NSW, Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW)