Monday 22 March 2021 saw the start of phase 1b which includes people aged over 70, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders aged over 55 and adults with underlying medical conditions (subject to proof). Eligible patients will have to book a time to get the COVID vaccine at an eligible GP clinic.
People may check their eligibility and book in for an appointment by visiting the Department of Health website. It is important to note that the number of appointments will increase as the number of clinics in NSW grows from 1000 to more than 4000 over four weeks.
- Allambie Heights – Allambie Medical Centre
- Avalon – Avalon Family Medical Practice
- Balgowlah – Sydney Road Family Medical Practice
- Belrose – Belrose Medical Centre
- Brookvale – Warringah Medical and Dental Centre
- Dee Why – Dee Why Medical Centre
- Forestville – Darley Street Medical Practice
- Mona Vale – Gateway Medical Centre
Due to the demand being placed on GP clinics for the first week of 1b doses, health authorities have urged for people to be patient, saying there would be a chance people’s regular GP would be part of 1b later on, should anyone ask “what if my regular GP isn’t part of the rollout”?
People eligible for 2a and 2b will get their jab later in the year. They may register their details using the link above to be notified when they will be able to get their dose.