I welcome the launch of the NSW Women’s Strategy 2018-2022, the first coordinated, whole-of-Government response to improve outcomes for women, and the Strategy’s Year One Action Plan.
Highlights of the Strategy’s Year One Action Plan include:
- NSW’s first Women’s Week in 2019 to encourage grass roots activities that challenge perceptions about women and girls and celebrate their achievements;
- Develop and publish new online educational resources to improve online safety for young women;
- Delivery of the NSW Health Framework for Women’s Health;
- Attracting more female students to study science, technology, engineering and maths;
- A new annual report on NSW Government spending on women;
- Creating entrepreneurial opportunities with a partnership between the NSW Government and the Sydney School of Entrepreneurship; and
- Boost women’s board and committee opportunities by promoting the NSW Government Boards and Committees Register.
For more information please visit go to www.women.nsw.gov.au.